Hey everyone, what’s your best low effort outfit with a high impact?

I thought I’d kick off my brand new blog with one of my favourite dresses: this mixed print tea dress from asos. I got this last year (for a date) and can definitely say I’ve gotten my money’s worth.

IMG_8355edit.jpgThis dress has gone to dates, dinners, walks in the park and hit up the clubs- all with some simple accessory switch ups- adding a denim jacket, removing my cami.

And today it had it’s virgin photoshoot outing-Ā  (plus wandering round markets, burgers and half a dozen coffee runs!)

IMG_8363 edit

IMG_8369edit

For any of you who have known me for years, red used to be my colour- my first bright coat was red and I can consider myself a pro in a red and blue combo outfit; nautical, floral, preppy- you name it. What I love about this dress is the mix of two fabrics, making it really stand out and do double duty. It pairs perfectly with a cropped denim jacket and even looks fab peeking out from under a coat.

IMG_8348edit

No word of a lie, I was once walking down Oxford Street in this outfit and had three people stop me to comment on it- particularly the shoes.

Now these shoes were a gamble.

IMG_8352editlegit.jpg

A gamble that dare I say, paid off. These beauties actually popped up as a recommendation on Amazon (it’s not just for books anymore) and loving the block heel and bargain price I decided I had to have them.

Unfortunately- they weren’t in my size any longer so I actually went a size down- not that I endorse this at all- which left me with a real conflict. When they arrived they were everything I wanted, and the perfect bright red, however, the first few wears were a challenge of pain tolerance and ankle strength. Fast forward a couple of weeks and they had stretched out, thankfully and I’ve been wearing them every opportunity since. Those blisters were penance for playing the shoe size lottery and taught me my lesson- but not without losing the shoes (thanks Jesus).

IMG_8370edit.jpg

Another day another lesson learnt! Does anyone else have a happy ending to a wrong size shoe or am I just #blessed?

IMG_8371 edit.jpg(excuse the blurry arm)

If you like my look, shop my style!

Let me know what you think!

Love,

Jody

Share:

22 Comments

1. January 29, 2018 / 12:58 pm

I love fashion, and I love colors, and I love London! :)) The dress is lovely and can totally see it with both a denim jacket or a leather one, must look awesome! Though I would pair it with a different colored shoes, as I’ve never been one for one tone styling… dark blue, black or brown would look awesome I think šŸ™‚ depending on the color of the jacket!

• January 29, 2018 / 1:16 pm

Have worn with blue shoes too, I’m all about getting the most out of an outfit! Thank you!

• January 29, 2018 / 2:52 pm

Aah! Awesome! Must have looked great šŸ˜‰ it’s fun to mix and match isn’t it!

2. January 29, 2018 / 1:18 pm

The outfit is absolutely amazing. I could stay for so long staring at the dress, it’s so unique.

3. January 29, 2018 / 1:25 pm

Wow babe you look perfectly awesome… Loving the tea dress on you

4. meganpauly
    January 29, 2018 / 1:25 pm

These shoes are so adorable! Red shoes are so versatile and really update any look! Love that you took a gamble- it paid off! ā¤ļø

5. January 29, 2018 / 1:39 pm

Tea dresses are my ultimate winter uniform, I don’t know how I’d get through the cold weather without them (well, I do, obviously, but I’d be bloody bored of boots and jeans!!) I love how you can just throw them on with hardly any thought yet everyone thinks you’ve really made an effort! I can’t wait for it to get warmer though so I don’t have to wear them with tights!

• January 29, 2018 / 1:45 pm

I always try and brave the weather without tights- at this point in the year my legs are so numb from cold I can barely feel anything in them! Whoops!

6. January 29, 2018 / 1:52 pm

Those shoes are epic indeed! really fun to read your very first blog post! thanks for sharing it šŸ™‚

7. January 29, 2018 / 1:53 pm

ah and also: equally on amazon I got some shoe stretchers! best buy ever for a pair that was a size too small for me. Someone I knew well did the foolish thing of thinking she’d buy a pair a little too big on her, and that they would fit me too and we could both wear them. Ended with nobody wearing them EVER until I got the stretchers!

8. January 29, 2018 / 4:25 pm

The dress is gorgeous, and the shoes just as much. Mary janes are really cute and elegant at the same time šŸ™‚

9. January 29, 2018 / 5:26 pm

I love a colorful wardrobe and red is surely a great part of it..glad to see that we are loving it!And your dress is so lovely…I understand that it is a ‘legendary’ one..haha…at times, there is that piece in our wardrobe we love too much and we’ll wear it to everywhere!Lovely!

• January 29, 2018 / 5:29 pm

Thank you- and hey, if it ain’t broke, don’t stop wearing it

10. January 29, 2018 / 5:30 pm

Your tea dress is soo lovely!I mean…who wouldn’t love such an iconic piece to take everywhere and wear every time when it is as gorgeous?!

11. February 6, 2018 / 11:34 am

I absolutel adore the dress and the shoes! You can rock the color red!